Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 73: My Hour at Radnor

Today I got off work at 4 and decided to go for a hike at Radnor Lake State Park.

I even planned ahead and brought my new hiking boots for the occasion.  I took the South Cove Trail which has an elevation of 1000 feet above sea level.  The first time I took this trail with Preston I thought I was going to die, and that time I had my walking stick with me.  Today I did not have time to grab it so I had to do without.  I saw 5 deer, one of which was just kind of laying down chilling.  I also saw 4 turtles and more birds than I could keep track of.  It was such the perfect day for this too.  I couldn't have asked for better weather during my hike.  I know it is still technically Winter but I can sure feel Spring coming right along, and Spring is my favorite season.  The photo is of the entrance to the South Cove Trail.  Also in case you want more info about Radnor Lake here is a link to there website.

No comments:

Post a Comment