Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 71: Another Fear Faced

Tonight I faced another fear of mine.  I don't know why but when I was a kid, riding my bike on the country back roads never bothered me, even when there would be cars coming.  I guess as a kid you are less fearful of things that can be dangerous sometimes.  Anyway since P and I got our bikes for Christmas I've pretty much kept to the neighborhoods and apartment complexes around here, and mostly during the day.  So when I got up in front of him and went out onto Port Royal without even caring I knew I'd made a breakthrough.  Then I figured I shouldn't be afraid of anything because life's no fun unless you just go out and try new things.  Then you find out your fear has been holding you back from something this whole time.  OK didn't mean to get all philosophical on you there.  Photo courtesy of JP Holland JR.

No comments:

Post a Comment