Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 124: Scary Coyotes

Tonight I took a ride on my bike, and I was going to go in a circle but I turned around and came home the same way I came.  So there are 2 subdivisions around where we live and P just discovered they connect.  There is a strip about a half mile between where there are not any houses yet and when it's night you can see the stars really well.  Last night when I got to this point I could hear some emergency sirens off in the distance, probably somewhere along Saturn Parkway.  Anyway as these sirens were going off I could hear very clearly in the wooded area there were several coyotes back there howling at them.  Now, I grew up in the boonies of West Texas so I know what coyotes sound like.  At first it sounds like it might be a bunch of kids laughing and having a good time but then when you listen closer you can here the yipping and howling and you know it's not people.  Anyway I got freaked out and just went back the way I came.  Obviously I would not have taken this picture so thanks to google images for your contribution to today's 365 Photo Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment